Alpina

Alpina #194916

Alpina Büromaschinen-Vertrieb Bovensiepen KG.,Kaufbeuren, Germany

Alpina was founded by Burkard Bovensiepen. The factory was situated in Bavaria. The first typewriter was introduced in 1952. In the 1970s the family business suffered financial setbacks when mechanical  typewriters could not compete with the new electronic typewriters from Asia. When the company went out of business in 1965 nearly 300 000 typewriters had been produced.  A new company Burkard Bovensiepen GmbH took over the name “Alpina” and started tuning BMW cars in the former typewriter factory. The company worked in close cooperation with BMW. The cars are often referred to ALPINA BMW. The company is still in the car business.