Kappel

kappel_57956l_045_pieni

Kappel Maschinenfabrik AG., Chemnitz, Germany

The company “ Sächsische Strickmaschinenfabrik” was founded in 1872. In 1888 it was renamed “Kappel Maschinenfabrik AG”. Model 1 was introduced in 1914. Designers were Otto Rössler and Bernhard Dost. The office typewriter was produced from 1914 to 1944. About 210 000 typewriters were produced. A portable typewriter was introduced in 1934. At the end of World War II Chemnitz was occupied by the Soviet Union and the machines were dismantled.